How Much Does It Cost to Build an eCommerce Mobile App
The online shopping experience has gone beyond desktop websites. Today is the era of eCommerce mobile apps. According to research, eCommerce business will grow 10.4% in 2023. Various studies show people like to use eCommerce mobile apps rather than visiting a store.
Mobile apps become a necessity for businesses to operate more efficiently. Creating a mobile app is not only profitable, but it also targets a wider audience as almost everyone has a smartphone these days. It is one of the best ways to drive online traffic to your business.
To build an eCommerce mobile application, you must know the cost and time required. The cost of creating an eCommerce mobile app relies on several parameters. In our next section, we have discussed the factors that will affect the cost of eCommerce app development. Let’s take a delve.
Factors Affecting the eCommerce Mobile App Development
Following are some factors that can affect the cost of eCommerce app development,
- App Design & Size
The design of your eCommerce app should be attractive to appeal more users p. A pleasing and engaging design can keep the user stuck for a longer time. Instead of occupying the entire screen, you should segment the screen for different parts of the app.
A complex design will increase the size of your eCommerce app. You can keep the design as simple as you want, but it will influence the app’s cost.
- Platform of App
You have to select for which platform you need to develop the app. It can be either Android, iOS, or both. The cost of developing the app will depend on the type of platform or devices you opt for. You also have to consider the usage of Android phones and iPhones to make a better decision.
However, the time required to build an app will also affect the cost. The cost of building a native app would be lesser than the cost of a hybrid one.
- Features and Functionalities
Functionality is a factor that can strike your budget. An eCommerce app has various features these days. Various eCommerce apps use AI, blockchain, AR, etc., trending technologies that enhance the features of your app.
Other common features of eCommerce apps are sign-up, log-in, payment integration, coupon code, address registration, cart, wishlist, referrals, and so on. These features increase the cost of app development.
You can hire a top mobile app development company that can provide all the required features according to the demand of your business. It will help you to get an approximate cost of developing the app.
- Development Team
You need a whole team of experts to work on your eCommerce app. The members involved in the creation of the app will be:
- Project Manager – A project manager develops the project idea and structures the outline of a project. They also maintain communication between the team and the client.
- Back End Developer – Back End developer focuses on the app structure, script and writes code to maintain the data flow between the app’s database and the browser.
- Front End Developer – It’s the front app developer that gives a face to your app. They build the part of the app which the user uses and interacts with.
- App Tester – App testers are also known as quality engineers. They ensure that all the functionalities of the app are working efficiently.
- Developer’s Location
If you have hired a developer to work on your app, they will charge you for hourly services. The per-hour charges for developing an app also depend on the developer’s location. For instance:
- If you hire a developer from the US, they will charge you somewhere between $50 to $250 per hour.
- Hiring a developer from Australia will cost you around $50 to $150 per hour.
- Price ranges for West European and UK-based developers range from $35 to $170.
- The development cost of developers from Ukraine, Eastern Europe, is $20 to $150.
- If you hire app developers in India, they may charge you $10 to $80 per hour.
Cost Required to Build an eCommerce App
As discussed above, the eCommerce app development cost depends on several factors. A good company will always use tested and proven technologies to create an eCommerce app. A dedicated team of developers will take less time in app development. It will help deliver the best features, security, and scalability. It will also help in providing time-to-time maintenance and support to the app.
The more complex factors will increase the cost of app development. Understanding the requirements of an eCommerce app and analyzing the factors listed above, the approximate cost to build a simple app varies from $30,000 to $200,000.
Building an eCommerce app for your business is the need of the hour. It can help your business grow effectively. These above factors will affect the cost of eCommerce app development, among which the app design & size, functionality, and app platform depend on your preferences.
A reputed eCommerce app development company will provide all the required development services. Connect with a development company to get your app developed now.