by Tope Beesley
While we’ve been keeping watch on the fashion catwalks around the world to glean the latest trends, the fashion is only one part of what makes the catwalks such a magnetic pool for fashion enthusiasts around the world.
Just as well as beauty shows, the fashion catwalk are perfect for spotting the latest trends in beauty as professionals work backstage to achieve the best beauty look to complement all the latest collections.
Exaggerated brows at Missioni, Colourful eye shadow at Proenza and a natural make up look at Max Mara were all trends we noticed during Fashion Week.
We’ve taken inspiration from some of the best shows and put our twist to create the look below, which you can easily recreate at home with the help of our Beauty Editor Tope Beesley.
Here are the products used to achieve this look. Tope used a mix of drug store and high end products.
– Mahogany Naturals – Monoi healing oil serum as a moisturising serum all over the face 10 minutes before primer. Keep skin smooth & hydrated all day.
– Primer- Rimmel stay matte primer. Helps keep skin matte for up to 8 hours
– Face setting powder- Mac Cosmetics Mineralised Skin Finish dark deep: Gives a healthy glow to the skin.
– Foundation- Fashion Fair True Finish Foundation in ebony, for a beautiful sun kissed glow
– Undereye concealer/highlighter- Mary Kay Bronze 1&2 mixed.
– Eyeshadows- matte nude/fleshtone as lid colour, dark brown on the crease and dark grey on the outer corner and blend well.
– Maybelline liquid black eyeliner
– Mascara- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, lengthens and thickens lashes.
Highlight & contour- sleek face form in dark
– Blush- Raizin by Mac cosmetics
– Bronzer- Covergirl Ebony bronzer: gives you a holiday glow
– Makeup brushes- Zoeva
Mac cosmetics- nightmoth lip liner and Maybelline intense velvet lip crayon in keep it classy.