by Temitope Beesley- Beauty Editor
Loved Naomi Campbell’s luscious Met Gala Look? Here’s how to nail it without the glam squad!
Naomi Campbell turned 45 the other day (can you tell?!). She is undoubtedly one of the most influential and longest standing supermodels in the industry particularly in Britain. Known for her long, lean and healthy physique, sassy personality and her influence on the beauty and fashion industry, it’d be easy to think this black beauty was at least 10 years younger than she is as she looks absolutely incredible!
Naomi’s beauty looks are usually quite predictable, but for the Met Gala, she opted for a much bolder look with a bold winged eyeliner and red lips that really highlighted her facial structure and made her face just pop. This is a very good look for the summer season, especially as we make our way into the bridal season.
It’s a versatile look that isn’t too loud, but will ensure you stand out looking beautiful whatever the event.
Here’s how to achieve the look.
– Start off with clean moisturised face. Let the moisturiser settle in for 15 minutes.
– I recommend kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer £16
– Followed by Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24Hr Foundation. It’s the best for flawless red carpet makeup- £29.50
– For dark under eye circle, use the foundation in a couple of shades lighter than your face. Let it dry then add another layer. Set with a translucent powder ( Ben Nye)
– To add definition to your face use a powder 2 shades darker than your face to contour for cheek bone and nose. Use a light hand; you don’t want lines on your face. I recommend the sleek face form £8
– For the Blush, I’d recommend Mac cosmetics in raizin. It’s perfect for darker skin tones and warms the face up just enough.
– On the lips I’d suggest ruby woo by MAC with chestnut lip liner around the perimeter to blend it in and give it definition.
– The eyes are simple with just a bold liquid liner winged out dramatically for a full on glam effect. Apply the same raizin blush in the crease of the eye for a warm effect.
– Eyebrows are simple and subtle. I’d recommend the Anastasia Beverly hills medium brown brow wiz pencil £15.
Set the whole face with Mac cosmetics mineralized powder in dark deep and set with NYX setting spray to keep you looking fresh all day.