Fashion week in the western hemisphere may be taking a break right now, but the fun is only just beginning in African continent as the world gets ready for our colourful and hugely talented continent’s fashion week.
Africa Fashion International, the company behind Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Africa have just released the schedule of events for this year’s spectacular show.
The four day event will feature talented designers from Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Angola, South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda and many more with instantly recognisable names like David Tlale (who recently showcased at NYFW) to Nigeria’s Mai Atafo Inspired and Ituen Basi.
See the full schedule below:
Day 1 | Wednesday 29th October 2014
– Kibonen & Intisaar – Cameroon/Zimbabwe
– Mille Collines – Rwanad & Kenya
– Taibo Bacar – Mozambique
– Elle Rising Star 2014 with contestants – Chris Dawson, Tamara Cherie Dyson, Frances Pauls, Kelli Botha, Nadia Viljoen, Jeandri Britz and Michelle van der Westhuizen
Day 2 | Thursday 30th October 2014
– Tina Lobondi & Josh & Nicol – Congo/Nigeria
– Marianne Fassler – South Africa
– Spero Villioti – South Africa
– Mai Atafo Inspired – Nigeria
Day 3 | Friday 31st October 2014
– Sheria Ngwoi & John Kaveke – Tanzania/Kenya
– Carducci Man & Woman – South Africa
– Christie Brown & Ituen basi- Ghana/Nigeria
– Loza Maleombo & KikoRomeo – Cote d’Ivoire/Kenya
Day 4 | Saturday 1st November 2014
– David Tlale – South Africa
– AFI Fasttrack Winners Showcase – Richi Mnisi, Jessica Ross, Nazneen Kagee and Tuelo Nguyuza competing for the AFI Young Designer of the Year title.
– City of Tshwane Presents – Archiebald Monyepao, Dennis Maponya & Neville Masondo
– Masondo – South Africa
– Murade & 1981 by Nana Brenu- Mozambique/Ghana
– Laurence Airline & Maxhosa by Laduma – Cote d’Ivoire