With sweltering heat conditions and the glorious weather that comes with summer, there’s no better time to give the Brazilian weave the chop and go short.
Pixie haircuts are lightweight, airy and low maintenance. They’re also perfect for a radical change in hairstyle, giving you an edgy but chic look.
It’s not for everyone, however and many women are wary of the hairstyle as you can’t go back once you’ve cut all of your lovely hair up. As a general rule of thumb, the hairstyle tends to suit women with ear shaped faces more than round faced women.
You’ll also require a substantial investment in hair gels to hold your style in place, especially if you’re sporting a spiky cut.
We’ve picked some of our favourite celebrity pixie looks to give you some inspiration about which style to go for when considering a short hair style.
1. Nigerian Rapper Eva Alordiah wears her signature cut with style. She also adds a bit of colour to it, often dying the tips blonde.
2. Genevieve Nnaji once sported this classic pixie cut wearing her style straight.
3. Mercy Aigbe looks super chic in this classic pixie cut.
4. The Queen Of Pixies! Halle Berry rocking her signature cut that we’ve come to know and love her for. Here she wears the style spiky. You can achieve this look by using hair gel and tussling hair up.
5. Anne Hathaway chopped off her long locks during filming for Les Miserable and the actress has not looked back since. She wears her style over her face, giving the illusion of fuller hair.
6. Janet Jackson
7. Angela Basset
10. Jennifer Hudson
11. Emma Watson
So tell us. Which Celebrity look do you think is the coolest?