by Temitope Beesley– Beauty Editor
Whether you’re a pro or a make up enthusiast, you want to make sure you put your best foot forward. Having the right make up is great, but how can you perform a good job without great tools? You wouldn’t catch a seasoned handyman without his trusty Makita hand-held drill, so you shouldn’t be caught dead with shoddy make up brushes.
As a seasoned make up artist, I’ve ploughed through my fair share of make up brushes and I can tell you from experience that a good make up brush is worth the investment as it makes the process of applying your make up a lot easier plus you get a more flawless coverage when you use brushes rather than say, your hands or powder pads.
At the moment, I’m currently favouring these brushes from Zoeva and Real techniques. Do drop us a line or two to let us know what your favourite brushes are or if you’ve used these at all.
Here are my top recommended make up brushes:
- Real techniques buffing brush– perfect for liquid,cream and powder foundations
- Zoeva 106 powder brush– great for loose or compact powder application and blush application
- Real techniques expert face brush– great for really working in a thicker foundation or concealer
- Real techniques contour brush– perfectly shaped and sized to give a precise but blended contour or a nice glowy highlight
- Real techniques 300 tapered brush– perfect for applying spot powder application, highlight or even liquid foundation
- Zoeva 317 winged eyeliner brush– perfectly angled to apply eyeliner and give you that wing we all love.
- Beauty blender sponge– soft,plump sponge for liquid/cream foundation and concealer application. Blend them really well.
- Zoeva 222 LUXE ALL OVER SHADER– for perfect application of eyeshadow or concealer under the eyes.also great for applying the brow bone highlight.
- Real techniques bold metals 100 arched powder brush– fluffy,light and super soft.great for applying powder,blush and highlights at the top of your cheekbone. 129 LUXE FAN
- Zoeva 129- LUXE FAN- perfect for applying a light wash of powder or highlighs