by Temitope Beesley: Beauty Editor
There’s nothing like getting up in the morning and looking in the mirror then deciding that YOU REALLY DO NOT NEED MAKEUP. But to get to that point you need to start weeks or months in advance. The time is now to really start taking care of your skin.
Gentle but effective products and diet is key to having flawless skin that requires little to no makeup. Besides, who wants to pack on makeup when it’s hot and sticky during the hotter months?
First step is to evaluate the products in your stash then decide if they are working for you; If not get rid of them and start again.
- First step is a cleanser; I recommend the SK:N VITAMIN RICH CLEANSER – OILY SKIN £16.75 .it’s actually suitable for all skin types but always follow directions. This particular one has a small percentage of glycolic acid in it which will deeply cleanse your skin and gently exfoliate. It’s like a liquid exfoliator you can use daily plus it gives such an amazing glow.
- Next step is to use a mask (only 3 times a week) I recommend Hydra Intense by Lancome £33. It’s hydrating, soothing for those with sensitive skin plus its oil free.
- Lancome Génifique Crème Youth Activating Day Cream £59. It’s lightweight but packs a punch. Super Hydrating and gives you a radiant glow.
- For those of us that prefer to wear minimal makeup in the summer I suggest you use the Ben nye translucent powder £30. They come in different shades and are very light weight, gives a bit of coverage and keeps the shine at bay. Perfect!
- Nivea fruit shine £2.50 for soft, supple, pouty lips. This is a chap stick with a kick.it smells great, taste nice and will keep your lips from splitting all day long.
- For that super glow from within. I recommend a glycolic peel from skinclinics.com £70; It’s a deep exfoliation that gets rid of the first layer or dry dull skin.this treatment will make you look like you’ve never had a day of stress in your life and if you can afford it, then you should have one every month.