by Lawrenceia Osei
‘Boy meets girl’ fashion is back this season. The humble brogue which made a return back into our wardrobes has simply refused to fade away, making the trend a must have Autumn/Winter essential. Rather than buying some new boots for the Winter, why not get some vintage brogues and stand out from the crowd?
If you are also still wearing ballet pumps for comfort (yes you), throw it in your ‘so last season’ pile of shoes and get yourself a pair of English style brogues. Here are five reasons why you don’t want to miss out on one of the best footwear trends since sandal heel.
1. Brogues have become so popular amongst celebrities and in the fashion industry. Celebs and models are now ditching their high heels for brogues. The Sergei Grinko catwalk show in Milan featured models walking the runway in Dr Marten brogues.
2. Brogues provide comfort. Flat shoes can cause pain to the back of the foot because of the thin insoles, however brogues have a platform which supports every part of the foot.
3. These shoes come in many different styles and colours, there are brogues with heels and huge platforms, vintage brogues, masculine brogues and more feminine brogues.
4. Brogues can be worn with absolutely anything! From frilly socks to peg trousers, it can also be worn with skirts and dresses to add a masculine edge to an outfit.
5. You wont have to break into the bank to afford these bad boys as they are absolutely affordable!