by Tope Beesley
As a mum myself, I know that for most mums, raising their children is the most important, hardest and rewarding job of all. Mothers or fathers that stay at home looking after the household, doing the chores and shaping the future of our future generation deserve the most praise, but sometimes being a stay at home mum can sometimes feel unfulfilled as your prospects of making an income are often limited.
For some women, it’s a matter of necessity and not choice as the rising cost of childcare has driven many out of the work force, leaving them with no other option than to stay at home. Over the last few years, this has inevitably led to the rise of the ‘Mumpreneur’ as more women opt to be their own boss, starting various businesses from the comfort of their own home.
While being a stay at home mum may seem daunting, it shouldn’t spell doom for your professional career. There are many job options that allow you the flexibility of working from the comfort of your own home. With effective time management skills and proper planning, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to make these work.
So without further ado, here are some job options that can earn you a few coins or big bucks depending on what it is, without sacrificing the quality time spent on the kids.
- Blogging can be rewarding, you can write about anything that takes your fancy as long as you do it well and believe in it. You can start to build a nice following initially and before you know it companies might ask to advertise on your blog to reach your audience.
- Social media marketing you can manage the social media sites of companies like their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. All you have to do is create good content a few hours a day. It’s probably something you already do in your free time so why not make some money from it?
- Virtual assistant you can be a personal assistant or virtual receptionist for a company. Their emails and calls can be directed to your phone and you can do all this in the comfort of your own home.
- Independent beauty adviser you can sell cosmetic products for companies such as Mary Kay or Motives cosmetics. You pay a small fee upfront for some stock and all you have to do is sell to friends and family.
- Crafty you can make arts and crafts such as jewellery, specialised cards, head bands you name it. Materials cost very little and you can sell on sites such as ETSY,ebay or create your own affordable website. All from the comfort of your own home.
Are you a stay at home mum? Would you like to get back into work? Drop us a line in the comment section below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!